Friday, June 24, 2005

The Names of certain individuals have been changed to protect myself and others.

Summer has set in.

The mornings and afternoons are blanketed in this soul sucking gaping void of grey that surrounds the city blanketing the sky trailing down into the bay and the ocean in thick-as-cotton-ball clouds of fog. The city itself isn't foggy just the bay, however, the grey sky reflects it's dull wash over the city giving off this somber view. It's almost as if I am watching a movie, nothing looks real.

Summers always sort of depress me. I can take the cold and the grey and the dark in the winter. I look forward to it, but my expectations of summer always seem to get crushed living in this city. Probably my main reason for flocking to hot destinations for summer vacations. Not that I'm complaining, well too much anyway. We have beautiful days that are cloud free and gorgeous with mild temperatures making the days absolutely perfect. We get our occasional heat wave, better known to people here as "the three hot days of summer". But our summer doesn't really arrive until September stretching late into November. My favorite time of the year besides February & March when it's all sunshine and warmth.

San Francisco is a wierd city with a wierder climate. Perfect for a wierd-o such as myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home