chocolate & pretzel sticks for breakfast
The weather this weekend was a perfect reflection of my life as I know it today. All over the fucking place. Sunny one second. Rainy the next. Thunder, lightning, funnel clouds & tornados. At least it wasn't that cold...
I went home to the parents house in Sacramento this weekend. I thought it would be nice & relaxing but it was just tension, tension, tension. It is becoming increasingly difficult for me to feel comfortable around my family anymore and I don't know quite why. Have I disconnected myself with everyone and everything that much? I don't like it. I feel like a fraud or something.
I used to want my parents to have bigger and better things because I wanted to have bigger and better things. It was purely selfishness when I was younger. Now though I want them to have bigger and better things for them because they deserve it. I don't think my parents should have to struggle. I can see them aging and it's scary even though I have VERY young parents (my mom is only 43 and my dad is 50... and I'm 27!). I think I'm going to open up IRA's for my parents... and myself, but I have a mutual fund that's HOT right now and I'm setting up a plan to contribute $$ into it monthly. I don't know what I want to do but I do want to do something for my parents.

2 Comments:
As tragic as it sounds, I have to believe that our struggles with our parents are age related. It's the only answer that I can come up with that somewhat absolves me of serious guilt. It's sort of figuring out how to interact with your parents as people and not just as a daughter anymore. It's tough to know where to draw the line. However, when it comes to money, I'm much too angry with my mother for making bad decisions for herself (yes, it's not my place to judge- they are HER decisions for HERSELF) to want to help, yet I still do at times. It's a horrible push pull with parents sometimes.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home